Thursday, December 16, 2010

BRILLIANT MARKETING BOOK FOR VISUAL ARTISTS AND IT'S FREE

Most marketing books written these days are plainly gibberish to most artists. 

"What's My Market" is probably the easiest understandable book of this type, at least in comparison to most other books, as it is written for artists. It is well presented and speaks in the language of an artist heart. it also has real life examples from Australian artists. 

It is a bit of work and investment of time, but definitely, absolutely worth it. Why?

A word of advice. Over the many years of mentoring emerging artists, I have come across too many times the statement  "I am not good at business, I don't like it, nor enjoy it, It would take too much of my time." An understandable but disputable notion, when coming from artist's working day in, day out in a job they don't like just to survive. this thinking is virtually not affordable these days and can be transformed into positive steps of action. 

I considered myself once the most hopeless business talented version of a being. I had zero idea about business, but loved art and wished to make a living from it. and after many years of stating the same as most artists, I just had enough one day. I began searching for options and answers. And boy when you go that road.....

I think there is no other country than Australia offering such vast amount of free or low cost seminars in the field of art business. the amount of free publications for artists is huge. 

But we also offer a handpicked selection of free art e-books and articles at http://www.artrilliumhouse.com/Art-Loans1.html. with "What's My Market" being one of them. NAVA as the Artworkers Alliance, ABAF and others offer seminars for artists.

I had no idea that the thing I hated once so much would become the easiest thing to me, as knowledge takes the fear away, and without fear it becomes comfortable. And what a great feeling when you know what you are doing, instead of running in the dark. You also become independent of others and this knowledge nobody can ever take away again. 

I hope that this book will give you a kick start. 

Martina
Dierctor
Artrillium House - The Art Directory 


No comments:

Post a Comment